Happy Hump Day! I hope your week is going well. I don’t know about you but during the week I have nights where I come home exhausted from work and have little energy to put together a big fancy meal. This pasta bake is prefect because it really doesn’t take that long to prepare and cook and I can even use the leftover crock pot marinara sauce I have in the freezer. The ingredients are simple and are probably already in your home.
Serves 7-8 people
Prep time: about 10 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
1 16oz package of pasta
1 28oz can of sauce (if you have leftovers from this crock pot marinara recipe you can use that)
1lb ground beef (typically I use 90/10 ground sirloin)
1 1/2 cup cottage cheese
2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook pasta for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, cook ground beef in a skillet over medium heat until browned.
- In a large bowl mix sauce, cottage cheese, pasta, and cooked ground beef.
- Transfer to a greased casserole dish (9x13inch will work).
- Bake at 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) for 15 minutes.
- Remove the dish and sprinkle the shredded mozzarella cheese over the top, return to oven and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool before serving.
This is a great recipe for leftovers throughout the week. I made a casserole dish of this, which was so easy, and then had it for lunches at work. My 1 year old son also really loved this and the curly pasta was easy for him to pick up.
Chicken and Pasta Bake Recipe: Exclusively Food
Taco Pasta Bake: Iowa Girl Eats
Artichoke Pasta Bake: Budget Bytes
What is your quick and easy meal during the week?